Miniature Schnauzer Rescue of North Texas
YES! We are still rescuing and rehoming schnauzers in need!
During the pandemic we’ve had fewer dogs than usual, but at the same time we’ve had a BIG increase in the number of applications to adopt. We really need more fosters! Visit Volunteer link below.
Here’s how things work now:
- Submit Application (Same As Always)
- Provide AS MUCH DETAIL as you can because we use that information to see if what you are looking for is a potential match with the type of home one of our dogs’ needs.
- Application Reviewed: We review and complete required vet reference checks within 7-10 days.
- Approval: You will receive an email letting you know that you are an approved adopter. If for some reason you are not approved, we would also let you know that.
- Waiting for the right dog: If we find a potential match, we will reach out to you via email with a photo and information about the dog to gauge your interest.
- Meet & Greet: If you are interested, a meet and greet will be scheduled.
- If you pass, your application will remain active for 1 year and we will keep looking.
- If you haven’t heard from us, that is because we haven’t found a match yet.
Please understand the nature of rescue work means that we can’t grant wishes or provide instant gratification.
The system may not be perfect, but we are doing the best we can with the limited all-volunteer resources we have to work with. We greatly appreciate your understanding, patience and ongoing support!
Come visit us October 9, 2021 at Flag Pole Hill! Schnauzers and their owners welcome!
We are able to operate and save more schnauzers with YOUR help!
You can get involved making donations, sponsoring an ICU dog, fostering or volunteering.
Sponsor a dog like Jango with severe allergies that his owner could no longer handle.