ADOPTIONS OUTSIDE DFW
With regret, we are unable to adopt to applicants who live more than two hours outside the DFW Metroplex for a variety of reasons.
Our Adoption Process
All adopters must complete an application that provides information used by MSRNT to thoroughly screen all prospective owners. This ensures that every dog will go to an appropriate home that meets our adoption criteria.
- Fill out an application.
- Browse our available schnauzers.
- Come to our pre-scheduled Meet N Greets.
- Wait for your approval email from applications team.
- Foster parents of the dog you are most interested in will call you to discuss next steps!
- Adoption Day scheduled with foster.
- Donation payment of $300 can be made online or to the foster parent via check.
PLEASE NOTE: We want our dogs to have a loving home, and work to make each adoption a success. In order to do that, our policy is to tell adopters everything we know about the dog’s background, medical needs, and all behavior observed in foster care.
We cannot be sure that we have seen all aspects of how the Schnauzer will behave in every situation it may encounter. We openly disclose and address any known or discovered medical conditions, but of course cannot predict any future medical needs.
Please be patient. We are a small all-volunteer group. You will be contacted by the Applications team as soon as your application has been reviewed and the vet references have been received.
- Live within two hours driving distance of DFW Metroplex.
- Application approval required before adoption.
- Veterinary reference required before adoption.
- Home inspection required before adoption.
- Adopted animals must be kept current on vaccines and monthly heartworm preventive medication.
- Current pets must be spayed/neutered.
- Adopted animals must never be chained or tied to trees or fences or kept in garages, etc. Our adopted dogs must be ‘house dogs,’ not exclusive ‘yard dogs’.
- Animals are not adopted at our Meet N Greets.
- Previous Adopted Dogs: If the owner of a dog adopted from MSRNT is unable to keep an adopted animal—for any reason—the dog must be returned to MSRNT, no questions asked. The dog cannot be sold, traded or disposed of in any way.
Adoption Cost & Package
A non-refundable adoption donation of $300 (tax-deductible) to MSRNT represents less than half of the average medical care cost per dog incurred by the organization, but it does help defray the expenses associated of preparing the dog for a forever home.
- $300 Donation
- Veterinary General Wellness Exam
- Vaccinations: Rabies, DHPP, Bordetella
- Heartworm Test, Treatment if necessary
- A 6-month supply of Heart Worm Preventative
- Fecal Test and De-worming
- Teeth Cleaning, if needed
- Grooming, New Lupine Brand Collar
- Microchip Placement and Tag
- Registration of your Microchip with 24PetWatch
What Kind of Schnauzers We Save
We are a not-for-profit organization of volunteers dedicated to saving Miniature Schnauzers which have fallen on hard times. Sometimes young, healthy dogs come to us, but often they are dogs that are have suffered for variety of reasons:
- Suffered an emotional loss
- Suffered an illness
- Suffered abuse or neglect
- Surrendered by their owners for a variety of reasons
When we save a dog, we help heal their illnesses and their wounds under the direction of local veterinarians.
In our foster homes, we provide love, security, and work with these dogs to correct any bad behaviors to get them ready for a new home. Our goal is to help get them healthy, happy, well-adjusted and ready for a new family.
When we save a dog, we help heal their illnesses and their wounds under the direction of local veterinarians. In our foster homes, we provide love, security, and work with these dogs to correct any bad behaviors to get them ready for a new home. Our goal is to help get them healthy, happy, well-adjusted and ready for a new family.